Linking communities to suicide awareness initiatives
Communities are engaged in an open dialogue about suicide
Courage. Respect. Hope
To prevent suicide and suicidal behaviour by:
- Increasing awareness of suicide and of the social, political and economic conditions that promote hope, resiliency and a reason for living.
- Advocating and supporting the development of research, resources and effective approaches to suicide prevention.
- Co-coordinating individuals, organizations and communities interested in suicide prevention.
- Communicating with all levels of government and community stakeholders for the implementation of effective suicide prevention strategies.
- Mobilizing public opinion and decision makers to confront the gravity of the problem.